With the holiday season well underway, we wanted to take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a happy holiday and abundant New Year. As a local business serving the local community of Calgary, we appreciate your continued support.
2021 was a big year for us as we celebrated 5 years of excellent eye care in Calgary and we continue that momentum into 2022.
These past couple of years have been full of uncertainty, challenges, and restrictions, but one thing is for certain - you can count on us at Doig Optometry to deliver excellent eye care in a safe environment.
Give the gift of stylish sight this holiday season
As part of our Anniversary Sale, we’re offering new and existing patients a limited deal on daily contacts. Ask us how you can upgrade to Biotrue ® ONEday daily disposable contact lenses for a similar price as your reusable lenses!
Whether you’re purchasing new frames for yourself or you’d like to gift a new pair for a loved one, take advantage of our incredible deal on all frames while it lasts!
- Under $200 - $35 Off
- Under $300 - 20% Off
- Over $300 - 30% Off
- All Persona Lenses are 50% Off
Holiday Eye Care Tips
The holidays are a busy time of year and with family gatherings, festive Christmas movies, shopping, and more time on the road, it can be easy to put our eye health last on the list. However, your eye health is one of the most important things to take care of and maintain. Here are some eye care tips to follow this holiday season and beyond:
- Get your sleep - Holiday parties, planning, and festivities can really take a toll on the amount of sleep we get and the quality of our sleep. It also impacts our eye health - have you ever noticed that your eyes are bloodshot and irritated when you lack sleep? And of course, not getting enough rest impacts our overall health. This is the most important time to keep our bodies rejuvenated so that our immune system can effectively fight off illnesses and maintain optimal health.
- Stay hydrated - Be sure you’re drinking at least 8-ounce glasses of water per day. Proper hydration helps alleviate dry eye symptoms and is simply great for our mind and body!
- Limit screen time - The holiday season means cozy nights at home watching Christmas movies, perhaps shopping for gifts online, and staying connected with loved ones through email, text messages, and social media. Be sure to give yourself a break from your phone, computer, or TV. If your type of work requires you to be on a computer all day, consider blue light glasses to offset the effects of light-emitting from digital screens.
- Wear sunglasses - Contrary to popular belief, sunglasses are not meant to only be worn in the summer! In fact, the light reflecting off of snow is bright and can do damage to your eyes. Whether you’re driving, going for a walk, or hitting the ski slopes, be sure to wear proper eye protection with UV-protection lenses or goggles.
- Schedule your routine eye exam - Last but certainly not least, be sure to schedule your routine eye exam and make time in between hectic days to address any eye concerns.
Start 2022 with a set of healthy eyes. Contact Doig Optometry to schedule an appointment!