Decot Hy-Wyd glasses are the standard for non-impact sports, hunting, and other activities that require a snug fit that won’t budge. When you’re shooting or playing sports, you need perfect vision and the widest field of vision possible. Most importantly, you need a pair of glasses that protect your eyes.
At Doig Optometry, we offer Decot Hy-Wyd glasses in prescription and non-prescription, distance and bifocal. As professional optometrists, the health and safety of your eyes are always our first priority.
Why use specialized glasses for sports and hunting?
Excessive gunpowder, a ricochet, a golf ball, twigs, gravel, branches, insects, and more can result in serious injury and even vision loss. Using regular frames with prescription lenses runs the risk of shattering them while you’re out in the bush or playing golf. Decot Hy-Wyd custom hunting and sports glasses are designed with a shatterproof material that prevents accidents and protects your eyes from projectiles.
Specialized glasses for sports and hunting protect your eyes and help you see your target more clearly. For example, shooters prefer a yellow tint when firing at targets at a gun range. Decot Hy-Wyd glasses come with a variety of tinted coloured lenses that are easy to remove and switch out. Different tints allow your target to stand out more clearly, whether it’s in bright sunlight or at dusk.
Types of Decot Hy-Wyd glasses
To provide you with the highest quality lenses, perfect vision, and protection for your eyes:
- All Decot non-Rx lenses come with a standard shatterproof Polycarbonate lens material.
- All Decot Rx lenses come with a standard impact-resistant lens.
- The optional HY-LO bridge allows you to raise or lower the optical centre of your glasses manually.
- The frame is set behind the lenses to reduce fogging and smudging.
- The bridge between the lenses is small, and each lens is made larger to give you the widest field of vision possible.
- Classic Hy-Wyd with Spring Hinge Temples - This classic pair of shooting glasses is made with quality material and craftsmanship design, created for hunting, shooting, and other non-impact activities.
- Classic Hy-Wyd with HY-LO Bridge - New self-adjustable bridge allows you to set lenses in a high position for shooting, in a medium position for general wearing, and in a low position for golf, fishing, and other non-impact activities.
- Revel - The newest shooting glasses feature a wrap design that provides a high, close fit needed for shooting. A narrow lens allows for proper ventilation and reduces fogging.
- Golf - The golf frame is designed with a wider nasal opening that allows the glasses to set lower on the face. Comes standard with wraparound temples but can be substituted for the skull temples at no additional cost. Available optional lenses can easily convert these frames into sunglasses.
Where to find Decot Hy-Wyd glasses in Calgary
Doig Optometry is currently the only Decot Sport Glasses provider in Calgary. We have every Decot frame style and lens colour on display in our office for you to try on and take a look at the product in person. If you are outside of Calgary, we can ship them to you anywhere in Canada.
We help you find the perfect pair of glasses depending on your use and preferences. Our careful process ensures that your glasses fit well and protect your vision, whether you’re driving, sitting at home reading, or on a hunting trip. Contact us to book your appointment today.